Flood Report Portal
The flood map display and property flood information report generation portal, brainstormed by several organisations and developed within the cloud based HydroNET platform, securely connects to official flood and property datasets at source, enabling the public to view flood maps and download the latest available property specific flood information, generated on-the-fly when requested.
The portal enables the public to:
- Search for an applicable property and download a report, generated on-the-fly at time of request, containing the latest available flood information for the property.
- View the latest flood maps available.
The latest official data is always linked to and used at time of request, keeping the information provided up to date into the future. The portal significantly reduces the time and cost burden on staff while improving the accessibility to the public, helping them to better understand their risks and become more resilient.
The cloud based approach provides the added benefits of cost efficiency, ease of access from anywhere and anytime, upgradeability, reliability and scalability.
Flood Report Portal Features and Benefits:
- Flood Information Sharing: Provides the public with secure and easy access to property flood risk information and reports via the web.
- Timely and Consistent Reporting: Reports automatically processed on-the-fly at time of request, ensuring provision of the latest data directly from the official sources, where available.
- Time Savings: Significantly reduced time and cost burden on the Council and CMA staff as well as the public.
- Quick, easy and cheap to expand to other geographical areas and organisations.