RainMap: easy access to BoM gridded rainfall information
The RainMap application allows online access to historical and actual rainfall information for any location, also between the gauges.
- Collects and stores large amounts of rainfall data from radars, satellites and automatic weather stations from BoM in real-time
- Makes historical and actual precipitation data easily accessible via the web browser (no software installation needed).
Select a period and the RainMap provides the best available precipitation from the Bureau of Meteorology per grid or area. Via an interactive geographical map the requested precipitation sum (map) and precipitation intensity per time step (graph) can be presented per grid or area.
Other functionality of the Rainmap:
- An Upload tool allows you to upload your areas which will become available in the RainMap application
- A Download tool allows you to download long precipitation time series per pixel or per area in different well-known formats (e.g. CSV, TUFLOW or Mike model input files).
- A Personalised Dashboard: contains exactly the information you need to make reliable weathersmart decisions.